For an overview of child care and the child visiting process, see the Child Care Fact Sheet (Form FL-314-INFO). This fact sheet is also available in Spanish, Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese. If you are in a situation where you have to apply for custody of your child, you may not know where to start. One thing you should do early is make a custody deal. The easiest and most reliable way to enter into a custody agreement is with Custody X Change. When a judge issues such an order, he or she must rely on the best interests of the child. This includes examining the safety of a child. Answers to frequently asked questions about breaches of custody or home visits of children, such as.B. Recourse if a parent does not comply with his or her legal obligations. As a general rule, a judge will approve any agreement submitted jointly by the parents. In some cases, the judge may appoint a child care assessor to conduct a custody assessment and recommend an education plan. A parent may also request an assessment, but the application cannot be granted.

Parents may have to pay for an assessment. If you cannot accept, the judge will send you to mediation and a family Court Services mediator or any other court program will assist you. If you still disagree, you and the other parent will meet with the judge. As a general rule, the judge then decides on your custody and visitation plan. Learn more about mediation of custody cases. If you make changes, you can take them to court and ask a judge to amend your agreement accordingly. You have to decide how to distribute the two types of custody. Try to resolve disputes or issues regarding the order or agreement with the other person as soon as possible. The FMEP is a provincial government program that tracks and collects support contracts and child or spousal support contracts. If you do not follow part of an education or arrangement order, you could be in serious trouble. Try to sort things out to make life easier for yourself.

If the parents have shared custody, you should indicate who is responsible for the different types of decisions. The real physical time she spent with her parents cannot be replaced. But family courts are increasingly offering “virtual tours” in certain circumstances as the best thing to do. A virtual tour is one that uses video conferencing (for example. B Skype) or other methods of this type to allow a connection to the parent and subordinate element of non-detained persons. In fact, the virtual tour is a way to help children stay connected to parents who live far away, travel or are unable to meet the child in person. Visitation (also called “Time-Share”) is a plan of how parents share time with children. A parent who has children less than half the time has a visit with the children. Attendance rules vary depending on the well-being of the children, the situation of the parents and other factors. In general, the visit can be: the courts do not automatically give custody of the mother or father, regardless of the age or sex of your children.